In June 2008, Wisdom For Asia launched its new humanitarian project to provide clean drinking water. We believe that every person on this earth should have access to clean drinking water. Sadly, many communities in the third world countries have no access to clean, and safe drinking water.
Water Facts:- Millions of people lack clean and safe drinking water. Here are the few statistics by region:
- 345 million people in Africa
- 196 million people in South, West, and Central Africa
- 200 million people in Southeast, East Asia and Oceania
- 32 million people in Latin America and Carribean
- 10 million people in ALL developed countries
Currently, Wisdom For Asia is focusing on to solve the water problem in India. These are the facts about the water problem in India:
- 97 million people in India lack safe drinking water
- 814 million people have very poor or no sanitation services
- 600,000 children die in India every year because of diarrhea and or pneumonia, often caused by toxic water and poor hygiene, according to UNICEF
- There are over 593,000 inhabited villages in India. 50% of these villages still don’t have protected sources drinking water.
- 21% of India’s diseases are water related.
- Women and children are affected mostly because of the water crisis. Women spent several hours every day searching for water and children are easily affected by water borne diseases and dies.
We use high powered drilling machine to go deep (100-250 feet) and use quality materials for each project. Every water well is equipped with hand pump and finished with concrete platform. Each water well serves a minimum of 100-2000 people in a rural village. .