Our THIRD water well is located in a heavily populated tribal villages called Hukkumpeta. It is approximately 165 Kilometers from Vizag City. The Largest farmers market is located in this area. Our water well strategically positioned to provide clean drinking water for thousands of people. The people who live in the one mile radius of this water well used to walk minimum of 6 kilometers to get drinking water. Mr. Solomon allowed us to drill this public water well in front of his campus and will do the future maintenance.
Hundreds of villagers gathered for the inauguration of this well, majority of them are women. They are very excited to have this gift. Now they have easy access to good drinking water and use the extra time for the most important things–to take care of their children and family.
This water well is 100 feet deep, furnished with a hand pump and concrete platform. Thanks to The Ferrell Family, Fort Worth Texas for donating this well.
Makkuva, a small village in Andhra Pradesh is located near Salur, has a population of approximately 10,000 people. Majority of them are farmers and day laborers. They heavily rely on rain water to grow their crops and personal use. During the dry months (usually from November-May), people struggle for drinking water. Most of the open water wells will dry up this season and people walks miles to get drinking water.
In June 2008, Wisdom For Asia launched its first Breakthrough Water Well Project in this village. This well is located in front of a Public gathering place (Church) and maintained by this members of this church. This water well is 200 feet deep and the water is coming out of solid rock. Villagers are so happy because of this well and the quality of the water. We also furnished a powerful electric motor and Water tank for this well.
This well was sponsored by Andreas Huebner Ministry, Germany.
In June 2008, Wisdom For Asia launched its new humanitarian project to provide clean drinking water. We believe that every person on this earth should have access to clean drinking water. Sadly, many communities in the third world countries have no access to clean, and safe drinking water.
Water Facts:- Millions of people lack clean and safe drinking water. Here are the few statistics by region:
- 345 million people in Africa
- 196 million people in South, West, and Central Africa
- 200 million people in Southeast, East Asia and Oceania
- 32 million people in Latin America and Carribean
- 10 million people in ALL developed countries
Currently, Wisdom For Asia is focusing on to solve the water problem in India. These are the facts about the water problem in India:
- 97 million people in India lack safe drinking water
- 814 million people have very poor or no sanitation services
- 600,000 children die in India every year because of diarrhea and or pneumonia, often caused by toxic water and poor hygiene, according to UNICEF
- There are over 593,000 inhabited villages in India. 50% of these villages still don’t have protected sources drinking water.
- 21% of India’s diseases are water related.
- Women and children are affected mostly because of the water crisis. Women spent several hours every day searching for water and children are easily affected by water borne diseases and dies.
We use high powered drilling machine to go deep (100-250 feet) and use quality materials for each project. Every water well is equipped with hand pump and finished with concrete platform. Each water well serves a minimum of 100-2000 people in a rural village. .